Sunday, August 25, 2013

A game I respect.

I've come to find that I may not be the most consistent blog writer. However, so long as people are getting connected, to me or each other, I'm a happy camper. So, I think I'd like to invite you all to see some of the amazing articles/writers, games, music, and people I've come across.

I'll add more as they come, but for now, lets start at the top with +Dungeon World.



If you consider yourself a gamer, especially one who loves fantasy settings then you must get Dungeon World. It won the Ennies award for best game design (I think...Fact checkers, get on that please.), has a community on G+ with over 2,000 members, and is just a lot of fun to play.

I could rave about this game all day long, but I'll save your eyes the trouble and give you just three things that make Dungeon World different from anything else out there.

1. The GM doesn't roll. You heard me right. The GM gets to focus on all the cool stuff like describing the smell of the dungeon and deciding what that nasty looking goblin wants and why he's going to stab you to get it.

2. Players are rewarded for describing their character doing awesome things. "You're going to jump off that table and kick the orc in the face?!...Awesome!!!" There are no situational modifiers, complex charts, or need for some miraculous roll. If it fits the fiction, you can try it. This makes for awesome combat scenes! Ever want to hold open the jaws of a dragon as you slash at its eyes with an axe? Play Dungeon World.

3. It feels very natural. You add to the story, then a complication is thrown at you, you add a little more to the story and a twist is thrown in, you add a little more and then someone else chimes in. It feels like a conversation among friends...which is exactly what it is!

So that's all I've got for now.

Subscribe if you want to hear more awesome things about more awesome things. I'd love to hear some feedback if you have any questions or requests.

In the mean time,
Happy Hunting!

-Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy this post? Let us know.