Friday, July 18, 2014

What about Dungeon Crawl Classics?

This week I started deciding what podcasts to download with my new RSSRadio app. One of the firsts shows to make the cut was Gamerstable RPG podcast, episode 163. The episode revolved around the O.S.R. And while I just loved all the cool bits of information and got excited every time they mentioned Dungeon World, what really caught my ear was how high of a recommendation they gave Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC).


I've considered giving DCC a shot ever since I started playing Dungeon World and saw the cool (somewhat similar) art on the cover.


The guys over at Gamerstable mentioned that DCC is it's own rule set and that it is by no means "lite." So for me that pretty much disqualifies it as a playable game. However, they also said that there is just a great amount of adventure hooks within the book. These hooks tend to fit remarkably well into a game set up with the "old school" mindset, like Dungeon World, and are exactly the type of things I like to get my hands on.


So now I've got to get a few questions answered, if you have any questions about DCC, share them here and I'll try to get them answered. I'll be doing my own research and if enough people (lets say 20) show interest, then I'll post my findings here. In the mean time here's the link for those interested in buying a hard copy of DCC:


Happy hunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy this post? Let us know.