Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hillfolk

As some of you may know, I like Indie games. Something about creativity and innovation hold a special place in my heart when it comes to the games we play.

I mean really, how many games do we need that have a GM establish a difficulty, set the difficulty rating then have a player role some dice and add a modifier?

Hillfolk is an example of one those innovative and creative approaches to RPG's that just makes me smile.

In Hillfolk you use what is called The DramaSystem to establish scenes and resolve them in interesting and engaging ways.

The DramaSystem was created by Robin D. Laws and so far I have only played out the character creation, but if the rest of the game is only half as engaging as that then it will be twice as engaging as the norm for RPG's.

The reason? It's all about the connections. Sure you have some strong points, there are even attributes to choose from that resemble our favorites from games like D&D, but in the end the player gets engaged by connecting to other players and to the situations at hand.



Check it out for yourself HERE

On a whim I spent $30 to preorder this game, I got the PDF right away and so far I have not been disappointed.

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy this post? Let us know.